What is PENN SACCA?
In Pennsylvania, after-school programs are provided by a diverse network of organizations. In 1993, a group of stakeholders representing organizations throughout the Commonwealth and committed to the expansion of high quality after-school programs gathered together to form the Pennsylvania School-Age Child Care Alliance...
Calling All Lesson Plans!
Share your favorite "Go To" web resources with your colleagues! Where do you turn to get your curriculum ideas and activities? We want to spotlight your favorite websites and hopefully give you lots more to visit! Send your favorites to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to our list. Share your favorite activities and we will post it! Make sure to leave your name, center, and contact information for all submissions.
Lights on Afterschool Poster Contest
Afterschool Alliance is conducting a poster contest to get ready for this year's Lights on Afterschool. Get your budding artists involved with Lights On Afterschool as they use their talents to create a poster. Visit www.afterschoolalliance.org/loa.cfm for more information. Good luck with the contest!
To guide, champion, and represent out-of-school-time professionals.
By 2016, every out-of-school-time teacher is a professional and is recognized as such in the community, as evidenced by a 50% increase in education levels, pay, and retention.
1. Proclaim the value of out-of-school-time.
2. The future of Pennsylvania depends on the quality of out-of-school-time professionals.
3. We believe in youth, families, communities, and schools working together.
4. Networks provide a strong and united voice for out-of-school-time professionals.
5. Out-of-school-time professional development matters.
6. There is no substitute for excellence.